Friday, March 5, 2010

In search of myself

Friday night. I become myself again, or so I think.
I noticed I find myself trying to rescue the past, to keep it alive.  Is it a sign of old age?
Whatever!  Well, I found these pictures that took me back to a very special time in my life.
I selected a few to share with you, that I think capture the essence of what was going through my mind back then and that now are part of fond memories.

You know, when I sat down to write this post, I had a completely different idea in mind.  Perhaps if the exhaustion doesn't give in, I'll post again later.

Your comments are always welcomed. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Reaching for the past isn't a sign of aging. I believe it's more like an act of escapism. I do it often, too. It's hard, once you have lived a "better" and simpler life, to go into a more complex one. Most of the time, life doesn't work as we want it to work, but we have to suck it up and go on. Me, I don't usually want to do that. Anyways, I admire you. You have learned how to deal with life and come out a winner (yes, you are a winner! Look at all the things you have accomplished! You just have to read you own profile here!). I love you, friend. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens to me all the time, maybe because I feel I lost a really important part of myself in the past, or maybe not... but looking back is sometimes the way to scape of my daily lonely reality.

    ReplyDelete